mpc8270 & Intel 82551ER on 2.6.17.14

Muruga Ganapathy gmuruga at gdatech.com
Sat Jun 30 02:48:28 EST 2007

1. You may want to check whether the device is configured properly by
   enabling the debug statements or using the lspci command. I mean the
   BAR registers.

2. Also check whether correct the interrupt is assigned to the
   device using cat /proc/interrupts command under linux.

3. As far as the EEPROM is concerned, you need to enable debug to check
   whether there is any check sum error. If there is a check sum error
   in EEPROM, the device may not come up too. As you are using it in
   powerpc platform, you need to take care of the endianess while
   writing to the EEPROM.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
G.Muruganandam

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> On 6/29/07, Nicholas Hickman <nhickman at dtechlabs.com> wrote:
> >

> > I am having trouble getting two 82551ER Ethernet controllers
running in
> > Linux.  I am able to scan the PCI bus and see the devices and I was
even
> > able to program the EEPROM from U-boot.
> >
> > In the kernel I mapped the IRQ's through /arch/ppc/m82xx_pci.c.
I've been
> > using the e100 drive that comes with the 2.6.17.14 kernel and have
also
> > tried the driver directly from Intel.  Both give the same results.
The PCI
> > scan shows the correct output for how the device should be
configured.
> <snip..>
>
> I have the same, exact same problem. But there are some of the
> differences with the setup though. I have an MPC5200B and the other
> difference is that I have a 2.6.21-rt3. However its the same ethernet
> controller.
>
> I am trying out a few things here, some of them being complete
> guesses. But if I hit something, I will let this list know. Anyone
> else had similar issues ? Request you to please holler.
>
> regards
> prady
> --
> htp://prady.livejournal.com

GDA Technologies, Inc.
1010 Rincon Circle
San Jose CA, 95131
Phone	(408) 432-3090
Fax	(408) 432-3091

Accelerate Your Innovation

=====
This message contains information from GDA Technologies Inc and
affiliates, and is intended for the sole use of the individual and
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, including
any attachments, that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee,
nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby
notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone
the message or any information contained in the message. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.
====