mpc8270 & Intel 82551ER on 2.6.17.14

Pradyumna Sampath pradyumna.sampath at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:12:29 EST 2007

Hi Nicholas,

On 6/29/07, Nicholas Hickman <nhickman at dtechlabs.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting two 82551ER Ethernet controllers running in
> Linux.  I am able to scan the PCI bus and see the devices and I was even
> able to program the EEPROM from U-boot.
>
> In the kernel I mapped the IRQ's through /arch/ppc/m82xx_pci.c.  I've been
> using the e100 drive that comes with the 2.6.17.14 kernel and have also
> tried the driver directly from Intel.  Both give the same results.  The PCI
> scan shows the correct output for how the device should be configured.
<snip..>

I have the same, exact same problem. But there are some of the
differences with the setup though. I have an MPC5200B and the other
difference is that I have a 2.6.21-rt3. However its the same ethernet
controller.

I am trying out a few things here, some of them being complete
guesses. But if I hit something, I will let this list know. Anyone
else had similar issues ? Request you to please holler.

regards
prady
--
htp://prady.livejournal.com