Problem in configuring interrupt in PPC 8272 processor using montavista linux 2.6 kernel

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Thu Jun 28 15:52:25 EST 2007

Hi All

I am facing problem in configuring PPC 8272 processor for interrupt . The
zeroth bit of SIUMCR register when set with 1 will be configured for IRQ3
else will be configured with BBD. Even though i am writing 1 to this bit
while inserting the driver and its actually writing 1 to that location
either , but the IRQ3 is not been configured for that and hence is
configured for BBD (BBD and IRQ3 are multiplexed) the result is that the bus
is toggling . As a consiguence of this my driver is getting infinite
interrupt and it is going to deadlock .

If you have an experience of such problem ,i wish you could suggest me .
Hoping for a reply , for that i shall rema in thankful to you .

regard
Misbah