Kernel 2.6, ML403, rootfs on nfs, gigabit ethernet link, nfsmount problems

Gary Kenaley gkenaley at echelon.com
Fri Jun 1 05:36:10 EST 2007

This can be caused by problems with your host Ethernet driver. For
instance, the e1000 driver running on the Intel 82573L controller must
have ~ the following line added to /etc/modprobe.conf:
	options e1000 RxIntDelay=32
Another symptom is occasional erratic ping times to and from the host.

The quickest way to test this theory is to put the rootfs on a
different-hardware, known-good host and see if the problem goes away.

On an 8349, we have also see Phy chip problems which required a reset
after every write to the Phy, and problems setting up the Phy when
stepping through the debugger.