Kernel 2.6, ML403, rootfs on nfs, gigabit ethernet link, nfs mount problems

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:54:36 EST 2007

Hi all,

thanks for suggestions
I added rsize=1024,wsize=1024 to CMD LINE. INIT can now be executed from nfs, but I think that the problem still exists,
during the start up process ( from when the rootfs is mounted until user get a command prompt ) some times ML403 stops working completely, and generates "Segmentation Fault" and similar messages. some other times the system comes up with no problem.

I had the same problem when mounting rootfs using nfs via 100mbits link , but for gigabit link the probability of reaching this unstable state is much higher.

any ideas?

thanks