XSysAce driver cant mount DOS part

Robertson, Joseph M. joseph.robertson at sanmina-sci.com
Tue Jul 17 02:19:43 EST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your insight into the older code.
I tried your fix and came up with this.
I have run e2fsck and the cf card comes up clean with that.

heres a boot sequence:

Initializing Cryptographic API
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler anticipatory registered (default)
io scheduler deadline registered
io scheduler cfq registered
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x40421003 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x40401003 (irq = 5) is a 16550A
RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 65536K size 1024 blocksize
XSysAce driver  v0771.
IDENTIFY: heads: 16, nsec: 63, cyls: 1011, size= 1019088
REGISTERED: major no.= 125 capacity= 1019088
 xsa: xsa1 xsa2 xsa3
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
TCP bic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
Freeing unused kernel memory: 100k init
EXT2-fs error (device xsa2): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #32689: unaligned directory entry - offset=1024, inode=1713398885, rec_len=29295, name_len=109
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
init has generated signal 11 but has no handler for it

The only thing I notice is that the disk capacity is wrong, its a 512Mb, not a 1Gb as shown.

Any thoughts about what to look into next?

Thanks a lot.

Joe Robertson
Joseph.Robertson at sanmina-sci.com