XSysAce driver cant mount DOS part

urwithsudheer urwithsudheer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:08:27 EST 2007

Hi Joe Robertson,

Thanks for the link.

In the xsa_thread function, can u try changing the hardcoded coded value
"2" to "xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors "

The actual code in the given link.

for(i = xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors; i > 0; i-=2){
+			xsa_device.req_done = 1;
+			while ((stat = cur_req(&SysAce, sector,
+					2,
+					buffer)) == XST_DEVICE_BUSY)
+				xsa_short_delay();

Try changing it to ...

for(i = xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors; i > 0;
i-=xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors ){ xsa_device.req_done = 1;
while ((stat = cur_req(&SysAce, sector,
                                     xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors ,
                                    buffer)) == XST_DEVICE_BUSY)
                xsa_short_delay();

Due to the hardcoded value, it gave problem while mounting but no issue
with fdisk. It mounts well but generated a kernel BUG. Tried changing
the value to '1' from '2' , fdisk crashed but mount is working well. So
removed the hardcode value and then placed the dynamic variable
xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors which is chosen by kernel. And now fdisk
and mount both are working fine.

Pl let me know the results in your setup.

Thanks
Sudheer