JTAG emulator for MPC8548E (v2)

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Wed Jan 24 21:35:48 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:57:19AM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> The new unit works *mostly* fine. No debugging issue (not that I use it that
> much anyway, now that the board boots Linux), but still a flash programming
> issue. Programming the target parallel NOR flash works in slow JTAG mode, but
> not in faster mode using the internal workspace. I reported the problem
> several months ago and still haven't received any solution.

Most likely problem isn't in BDI but in your setup. Depending on
the particular chip model, to be able use workspace you must have
initialized memory first. In fact, I'm pretty sure you haven't
configured chip correctly to make workspace usable. I've been using
BDI with various PowerPC and MIPS SoCs for many years. It's an excellent
tool, you just have to use it correctly.

--
Eugene