PCMCIA on 860T FADS - correct approach?

Steven Roberts robers97 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 16:35:56 EST 2007

I am trying to configure a 2.4.25 kernel for an 860TFADS board with PCMCIA support.  I set the  kernel flag CONFIG_PCMCIA_M8XX which pulls in drivers/pcmcia/m8xx_pcmcia.c (cvs 1.17).  I'm getting a machine check during errors when the voltage_set() function is called on m8xx_init() when the BSCR1 is being set:

m8xx_pcmcia: Voltage set 0
m8xx_pcmcia: First, turn off all power.
m8xx_pcmcia: BCSR1 &= 0xffbeffff
m8xx_pcmcia: BCSR1 &= 0x00300000

In looking at the newsgroups, it seems like support for this might be pulled into module package after 2000 or so.  Before I figure out all the correct register settings, could someone tell me if I should continue on this path?  Perhaps there is a more up-to-date file that contain these functions and I should not include the m8xx_pcmcia flag?

Thanks for any guidance!