MPC5200 + boa webserver + CGI + broken pipe

Daniel Martineschen martineschen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 04:58:21 EST 2007

On 1/10/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <3acfce80701100307o18a24b37q616bb0c8ec4086dd at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > > This is most probably a hardware issue (bad SDRAM initialization?)
> >
> > yes, but why does it happen only when we use the boa webserver? when
>
> Probably because this causes a specific load pattern  which  triggers
> the problem.

hmm.. this problem with "broken pipes" only occur when there are too
many concurrent accesses to a CGI script, which communicates to
another application.
but, the system only freezes when we stop and re-start the webserver.
so, could be this CGI script causing all the trouble (by starting and
dying and leaving traces/ perfoming this "load pattern") ?

> Is this a Rev. B CPU? Are you using current code? For example, do you
> perform the required SDelay initialization (AN3221) ?

no, it's not Rev. B. we wanted to use it but we had some compatibility
problems.

regards

--
---