External interrupts in 2.6.19

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Thu Jan 11 09:25:51 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm porting my board from 2.6.17 to 2.6.19 kernel, and
now external interrupts aren't working any more.  I'm
using ARCH=powerpc on an MPC8349-based custom board.
With the old code, we called ipic_init() from board
init code with a table of IRQ senses.  In the newer
kernel, ipic_init() takes only an OF node as a
parameter.  Looking at the PIC registers, the external
IRQs are all being set to level-triggered, when they
used to be edge-triggered.

I guess I haven't been following all of the
discussions on changes to the IPIC code, and my little
brain can't figure out the right way to do this.  Can
somebody please give a quick dump of how the new
methodology is supposed to work?

thanks,
Ben