how to build cross-compiling toolchains for PowerPC?

Kelsey Dawes kelsey at codemonkey.net
Tue Jan 9 08:13:06 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 10:06:24AM +0800, onetarget at sina.com wrote:

Dear all
    I want to build a complete cross-compiling
toolchains for PowerPC, the kernel I want to build is linux-2.4.25, the
host is FC4's PC, and I also want to use glibc-2.3.6, so with all
above, which gcc, glibc,binutils should I use? And what is the step
should I do?
    Thank you all and best regards,
    W.Target
    Jan-8-2007

Haven't played with any of your specific requirements as noted  above; however in the past, I've had good luck using Dan Kegel's crosstool software

www.kegel.com/crosstool

It does require a bit of trial and error to get right.

Kelsey