debugging custom Xilinx boot loader with abatron and Montavistadevrocket

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Sun Feb 25 10:34:05 EST 2007

Dear Wade:

Since the MontaVista engineers have no clue as to how to use their product, and I had the same experience, the appropriate solution is to abandon their product until and unless they do have a clue as to how to use their IDE.

The route using DDD/gdb is an appropriate one and building an .elf file is no problem with either uboot or Linux.

Another thing to watch out for with Montavista is their gdb executable may or may not work correctly. If this is the case, you will need to get a gdb from gnu.org and cross compile it. Basically, they blew it on the toolchain also.

Charles