Linux w/ML403 PLB TEMAC

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 02:10:36 EST 2007

Hi Glenn,

>I have my own program to test performance.  It seems everything is so slow
>it does not every complete to give me the statistics.  My ping are also
>slower.  I used to be able to ping my computer and get 0.6-0.7 ms times.
>With the DMA and TEMAC v3 I am now getting 1.8 ms times.

I am also struggling with the speed issue. :) Rick is the expert and I am
also asking him on this problem.

For your problem, I suggest you to use a general test software like netperf
first. Then it can bypass the problem in your own test program.

In my system, the ping speed is also slow. From board to pc is 2.1ms and
from pc to board is 1.8ms.

>I am now not sure if it is my build or my PPC design.  For the PPC design
>have a minimum PPC with OPB-RS232, PLB-DDR, and PLB-TEMAC.  I use all the
>defaults from BSB except I check use interrupt on the RS232 and TEMAC.

This should not be a problem because the platform is so common.

BR
Ming