Linux w/ML403 PLB TEMAC

Glenn.G.Hart at us.westinghouse.com Glenn.G.Hart at us.westinghouse.com
Thu Feb 15 01:47:50 EST 2007

Ming/Rick,

I tried setting the speed to 1000 as below, but it did not change the
result.  I also tried Rick's new adapter.c with the same results.  Changing
the hard_temac_v3_b to hard_temac_v3_a was the change I needed.
Unfortunately, the speed of the network is much slower now.  I switched to
DMA and then changed the Linux drivers for the DMA & TEMAC v2 to v3.

I have my own program to test performance.  It seems everything is so slow
it does not every complete to give me the statistics.  My ping are also
slower.  I used to be able to ping my computer and get 0.6-0.7 ms times.
With the DMA and TEMAC v3 I am now getting 1.8 ms times.

I am now not sure if it is my build or my PPC design.  For the PPC design I
have a minimum PPC with OPB-RS232, PLB-DDR, and PLB-TEMAC.  I use all the
defaults from BSB except I check use interrupt on the RS232 and TEMAC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Glenn

 (Embedded     "Ming Liu" <eemingliu at hotmail.com>@ozlabs.org