ML403 Hard TEMAC, PLB and Linux 2.6

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 20:30:55 EST 2007

Hi,
In xapp902, they are using the old cores for Temac. So it will be easier to
generate a project in EDK 8.2. Not only the cores there are new, but also
it can generate the driver for linux 2.6.

BR
Ming

>From: Mohammad Sadegh Sadri <mamsadegh at hotmail.com>
>To: <christophe.alayrac at cresitt.com>
>CC: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
>Subject: RE: ML403 Hard TEMAC, PLB and Linux 2.6
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:13:47 +0000
>

>Hi
>Thanks for reply
>Well, regarding xapp902, there is a very simple question, Where can I find
it? It seems that Xilinx has deleted all of the links to these files.

> > Subject: Re: ML403 Hard TEMAC, PLB and Linux 2.6
> > From: christophe.alayrac at cresitt.com
> > To: mamsadegh at hotmail.com
> > CC: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> > Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 06:51:45 +0100
> >
> > Le mercredi 07 février 2007 ?22:30 +0000, Mohammad Sadegh Sadri a
> > écrit :
> > Hi Mohammad,
> >
> > Please find here after some answer
> >
> > > 1- I want to use, ML403, Hard TEMAC and PLB TEMAC cores. Is there any
ready to use design, or any reference design available for this?
> > > I'm using EDK 8.1 and I understood that, when I choose the ML403
board , EDK does not use hard temac, so , should I add it manually? ( well
this is funny, but the wizard does not use hard temac , is it true? )
> > > Is there any ready EDK projects for ML403, with TEMAC and PLB TEMAC
modules already inserted and cofigured? (I don't want to use GSRD ) ( If
yes would you please put the link here )

> > You can start from XAPP 902 from Xilinx, this design demonstrate TEMAC
> > use in loopback mode. Some memers from that community have tried from
> > that design as a starting point. I did not nknow if the succeed.
> > I would recommand to get EDK 8.2 SP2 and use the Wizard to build a new
> > design with TEMAC.
> >
> > > 2- Simply, Is there any driver available for linux 2.6 , for PLB
TEMAC and Hard TEMAC modules? If yes , can you put the link here, so that I
can download it?

> > For the kernel you can get it from Montavista source code site using
GIT