Differentiate between two e500 core (in mult-core e500)

vinay hegde thisismevinay at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 1 15:14:56 EST 2007

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the pointers. This POST will run from the
bootcode.

I looked into the block diagram for MPC8572, and it
seems that apart from L1 caches other component are
shared (foe ex, L2, table look-up unit, gigE, SDRAM).
So, I was wondering whether we can do something like -
run _all_ the POST from core 1 and run only L1 cache
test from core 2.

Actually I referred 'e500 core Family Ref Manual', but
could not get answer to my below question.

Thanks,
Vinay.