Semaphores in eldk4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 1 09:27:26 EST 2007

In message <47503B5A.6090604 at quadrics.com> you wrote:

> I have been suing the eldk4.1 tool chain for a few months now and have

Please post ELDK related questions on the ELDK mailing list instead,
see http://lists.denx.de/mailman/listinfo/eldk

--------------------------^^^^^^^^
> but a small test program has shown the same results.

What exactly are you talking about? Device driver (i. e. kernel)
code, or application (i. e. user space) code ?

> Calls to these functions on the ppc_82xx platform return -1 with an
> error code of 38, in this case meaning  ENOSYS (not implemented). On the

Did you enable the CONFIG_SYSVIPC option in your Linux kernel
configuration?

> ppc_85xx the same program executes fine, thus I conclude that it is
> specific to the libc-2.3.5 for ppc_82xx. Has anyone else come across
> this problem, I did find one thread but there was no conclusion listed.

There is absolutley no difference between ppc_85xx and ppc_82xx as
far as library sources or configuration are concerned. The problem is
most probably in your Linux kernel, I guess.

> I also can not find anything stating that these functions are not
> implemented for the 82xx arch compared with others for the eldk4.1

Provide a test program that fails for yuou, and we can provide much
better comments.

But please post followups on the ELDK mailing list.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Old programmers never die, they just become managers.