ppcboot and powerpc branch question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 1 09:15:54 EST 2007

In message <f8f856500711300533t3bad1c1dxb4ff137534acbccb at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> instead of bd_t struct. I'm a bit disappointed because i also see that
> older u-boot (in my case
> ppcboot 1.1.5) aren't capable to pass dts to kernel.

PPCBoot was a in a distant  past  before  U-Boot.  Actually,  PPCBoot
1.1.5 is more than 5 and a half years old. You cannot really expect a
Neanderthal man to drive a space shuttle.

> Is there a way to keep my old bootloader to boot a powerpc branch kernel ?

No. Please use a current U-Boot (i. e. at least U-Boot 1.3.0).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
As in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know  its
true name.                      -- Ken Thompson and Dennis M. Ritchie