Network is blocked till ping is issued(update)

DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs Antonio.DiBacco at technolabs.it
Thu Aug 30 04:34:03 EST 2007

I have two hosts 100.1.0.1 (NotLinux) and 100.1.0.2 (linux-2.6.19.2 on
MPC880) on
a vlan.
On the linux box the vlan interface is created with vconfig on the eth1
and is
attached to a Virtual PHY (fixed PHY).
When Linux box starts up, NotLinux wants to setup a TCP connection with
"Linux box" and sends a SYN packet receiving no answer from "Linux box".
If from the console of "Linux box" I issue a ping to NotLinux then,
after a while, the linux box starts responding to Windows.

Bye,
Antonio.