Linux doesn not boot from u-boot on ML403

Miroslaw Dach miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Thu Aug 30 01:32:49 EST 2007

I have done further investigation with bootelf and zImage.elf (from
u-boot) and it seems to be that the system fails during image
uncompression: The last command executed is: r = zlib_inflate(&s,
Z_FINISH); /* file: ./arch/ppc/boot/common/misc-common.c */

zlib_inflate function code is in ./lib/zlib_inflate/inflate.c

Mirek

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Grant Likely wrote:

> On 8/28/07, Miroslaw Dach <miroslaw.dach at psi.ch> wrote:
> > This buffer refers to the kernel which I boot straight from jtag but not
> > u-boot.
>
> /me remembers something....
>
> How big is your kernel image?  Seems to me I've had problems with
> kernel images that were too large not being uncompressed properly.
> Can you hook up GDB and debug u-boot?  Find out where it is hanging?
>
> g.

          Miroslaw Dach (Miroslaw.Dach at psi.ch) - SLS/Controls Group
                PSI - Paul Scherrer Institut CH-5232 Villigen