Newbie and linux on virtex-II ppc

schardt g.schardt at fz-juelich.de
Wed Aug 29 23:31:40 EST 2007

me again :)

i added a /dev/ttyUL0 (mknod ttyUL0 c 204 187) device and and a console
link to it.
no warning anymore, but i think i'm listen on the "wrong" console ??? i
see bootmessages
and an errormessage from init ("init: can't open /dev/null: no such
device or directory")

but the messages from init.d/rcS did not appear

this is my inittab (from klingauf mkrootfs):

::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
::askfirst:-/bin/sh
::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot
::shutdown:/sbin/swapoff -a