Linux doesn not boot from u-boot on ML403

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Aug 28 23:50:55 EST 2007

On 8/28/07, Miroslaw Dach <miroslaw.dach at psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
>         Thanks for your answer.
> I have found in the System.map :
> c020f0c4 b __log_buf
>
> Is the address c020f0c4 relative to the .data segment?

0xc0000000 are virtual kernel addresses; not physical addresses.  If
the MMU is still on, then you need to use the virtual address to
examine memory.  If the MMU is off (such as after reloading u-boot),
then you need to change 0xCxxxxxxx to 0x0xxxxxxxx.

> I understand that when the system hangs I should type in the XMD window
> stop.
>
> Is there anyway to examine the memory from the XMD window? or should I
> reload the u-boot and examine the memory from u-boot?

I don't know; I've never used XMD.  Read the XMD documentation.  You
can do it from u-boot too.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.