pata_mpc52xx - no interrupts when using bestcomm/dma?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 28 05:10:16 EST 2007

In message <20070827094454.GQ13994 at moe.telargo.com> you wrote:

> The problem is that I can't seem to get any interrupts
> (not ata, not bestcomm task), when setting up MWDMA/UDMA mode.

First, please check the errata. There are some issues in this area  -
one  involves the ATA controller not handling automatic pause for DMA
transfers (controller will corrupt FIFO data when there is  any  sig-
nificant transfer load - system freezes, kernel crashes); another one
is erratum 158: "ATA interrupt is not affected by FIFO errors."

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Conscious is when you are aware of something, and conscience is  when
you wish you weren't.