Has anyone run MontaVista linux-xilinx-26.git based on kernel 2.6.22 successfully?

angelalinyao at 163.com angelalinyao at 163.com
Sat Aug 25 12:15:32 EST 2007

Hi, all
    Has anyone run MontaVista linux-xilinx-26.git based on kernel 2.6.22 successfully? I am trying to run this embedded OS on ML403, but have met some problems.
    I downloaded a napshot of the git tree including temac patches and configed it. When I downloaded the kernel image into the board and  run it, the system hung after printed "Now booting the kernel" message. I have tried to modify my kernel configuration, however still did not solve the problem. I did not know where the kernel booting stopped and what problem caused its stop. I even did not know whether the kernel stopped at initialization or start_kernel() function.
    I think maybe it is the kernel itself that has some problems not the patches, or perhaps it is my kernel configuration that caused the problem but I do not know what is the point. Has anyone run this OS successfully and could give me some directions?
    Any help from you is appreciated. Thank you!
                                                                                                                            linyao