Xilinx Virtex4 FX PPC

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Tue Aug 21 03:50:00 EST 2007

Note that you should pick one or the other and be consistent.

If you have MATH_EMULATION
in the kernel and use code compiled partly with and partly without
soft-fp,
then you get really strange errors, because (I believe) the soft-fp uses
a different mechanism for emulating the floating point register files
than
the kernel  (I suppose you'll also see the same thing in a system with
floating
point unit and a mixed-up compilation as well).

Steve

labs.org] On Behalf Of Robert Woodworth