Driver for device behind a PCI-VME bridge

Konstantin Boyanov kkboyanov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:58:59 EST 2007

Hi Johan,

I already went through the user space stuff with the help of other people on
this list, but now I want to do reads and writes in kernel space, in other
words on driver level.
Main reason for the development of a driver for the device is interrupt
handling and signal sending to user space processes by the custom device in
short time frames (within miliseconds), e.g. proper and fast respond is
crutial. But for now I don't know how to do a simple read/write...

I'm using MVME6100 with ELinOS-based distro, kernel 2.6.15.

Regards,
Konstantin