system hang in early_init

ravi.rao at rflelect.com ravi.rao at rflelect.com
Sat Aug 18 00:07:21 EST 2007

Hi Chris,
    It seems that my PPC405 V2Pro system is hanging in the function
early_init, in arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c. Using LEDs, I've been able to
determine that the following line seems to be where it dies:
memset_io(PTRRELOC(&__bss_start), 0, _end - __bss_start);

Looking in System.map, I see that __bss_start is 0xC013F000 and _end is
0xC014DA60, with a whole bunch of stuff in between.
Any idea what might cause this?

I saw Ur posting on the net I am facing the same problem with my EP405
target . Did you resolve the problem if so can you please provide me some
info..
Thanks,
Ravishankar Govindarao
RFL Electronics Inc.
E-mail : Ravi.Rao at rflelect.com
Voice: 973.334.3100 Ext. 233
Fax: 973.334.3863

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information.  The Information is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named on this e-mail .  If you are not the
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this transmitted Information is strictly prohibited.  Further, if you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us by return e-mail and delete
the Information promptly.