System crash on boot_e500.S on 2.4Kernel

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Thu Aug 16 08:06:15 EST 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 16:12, mike zheng wrote:

> Here is the PC value before the rfi:
>
> cds8458>halt
>            Target CPU:           : MPC85xx (e500v2 rev.1)
>            Target state            : halted
>            Debug entry cause  : instruction breakpoint
>            Current PC             : 0x0000015c
>            Current CR             : 0x24024022
>            Current MSR          : 0x00012100
>            Current LR              :0x00000148
>            Current CCSRBAR  :0x0_e000000
>
> After the rfi:
>
> #step timeout defected
> cds8458>halt
>            Target CPU:           : MPC85xx (e500v2 rev.1)
>            Target state            : halted
>            Debug entry cause  : COP halt
>            Current PC             : 0xfff81300
>            Current CR             : 0x24024022
>            Current MSR          : 0x00001000
>            Current LR              :0x00000148
>            Current CCSRBAR  :0x0_e000000

Ok, I'm sure your problem isn't that SRR0 isn't getting updated
properly.  I suspect something is going wrong during the rfi.
Possibly something in your TLBs.  However, what is happening is most
likely that you have hit an exception, and SRR0 and SRR1 have been
updated.  I'm a little confused by the addresses where you first
invoke "halt".  It looks like you're in the middle of flash, which is
an odd place in u-boot to be.

And if you look at your PC, it doesn't seem like you step.  It looks
like something goes wrong with the debugging.  My suggestion is to
check your TLB setup and your IVOR setup.  Find out if the IVORs are
pointing at an exception at fff81300.

Andy