Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: inflate() returned -3 GUNZIP ERROR - must RESET board to recover

Nethra nethra_gmit at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 6 14:16:31 EST 2007

change ur bootm address it will work fine....

see the fallowing example..

Linux crashes when uncompressing the kernel
Question:
When I try to boot Linux, it crashes during uncompressing the kernel image:
=> bootm 100000
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
Image Name: Linux−2.4.25
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 1003065 Bytes = 979.6 kB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: inflate() returned −3
GUNZIP ERROR − must RESET board to recover
Answer:
Your kernel image is quite big − nearly 1 MB compressed; when it gets
uncompressed it will need 2.5
... 3 MB, starting at address 0x0000. But your compressed image was stored
at 1 MB (0x100000), so
the uncompressed code will overwrite the (remaining) compressed image. The
solution is thus simple:
just use a higher address to download the compressed image into RAM. For
example, try:
=> bootm 400000