How do external irq's get mapped?

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Sat Apr 28 05:34:42 EST 2007

> transmit and 20 for receive.

> A 'cat /proc/interrupts' shows the 1st TSEC transmit as 93 and the
> receive as 94, so I am puzzled how we get from 19 to 93 for the
transmit
> and from 20 to 94 for the receive. Perhaps understanding this will
help

   I'd suspect you also have CPM on this SoC (or have CONFIG_CPM*
wrongly enabled?).

> me figure out what number to put into the pci_dev structure for
external
> IRQ0.

   Could you post your /proc/interrupts?

 > Charles Krinke

WBR, Sergei

Dear Sergei:

Here is the result of /proc/interrupts

root at sff1:~# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  2:          0   i8259     Edge      82c59 secondary cascade
 32:          0   CPM2 SIU  Level     ichar
 93:      10701   OpenPIC   Level     enet_tx
 94:      13945   OpenPIC   Level     enet_rx
 98:          0   OpenPIC   Level     enet_error
106:        542   OpenPIC   Level     serial
107:          0   OpenPIC   Level     i2c-mpc
110:          0   OpenPIC   Level     cpm2_cascade
128:          0   OpenPIC   Level     <NULL>
BAD:          0
root at sff1:~#

The current issue is understanding how enet_tx, enet_rx & serial get to
be 93, 94 & 106 respectively. Once I understand that, I may have a clue
how to deal the one labelled ichar, which is the one that doesn't quite
work. This is a PCI chip our company designed.

Charles Krinke