Still trying to get a stable 2.6.20.4 running on 8349ITX evalboard

Benedict, Michael MBenedict at twacs.com
Fri Apr 13 05:27:35 EST 2007

>Your problem looks very much like odd DDR or memctl
>misconfiguration early in u-boot.
>Please try upgrading your firmware with the latest u-boot from
>git tree at denx.de. Kernel from Paul Mackerras (powerpc.git)
>is also a good thing to give a try.

This is definetly something related to u-boot.  I was using a new Denx
git u-boot for flat device tree support.  If I boot a kernel with
hardcoded ethernet-phy registers on the shipping u-boot the system is
much more stable.  Now I am trying to track down the differences between
the u-boot the freescale shipped on the device verse the newest git
sources.  Hopefully some initialization is missing that will be very
obvious.
	Cheers,
		Michael