Still trying to get a stable 2.6.20.4 running on 8349ITX eval board

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Fri Apr 13 03:43:43 EST 2007

Vitaly,

Vitaly Bordug <vbordug at ru.mvista.com> wrote on 04/12/2007 08:36:58 AM:

> It worked for me with both MontaVista and ELDK rfs for 6xx.
>
> Your problem looks very much like odd DDR or memctl misconfiguration
> early in u-boot.

Ed made a similar observation.  I've been assuming ;) that the DDR RAM was
configured correctly since it's been a 'supported' eval board since at
least u-boot 1.1.6, but there may be a problem there.  At least I'm going
to make sure that it's all okay before I continue.

> Also, there is Vitesse switch on this target, which should be
> initialized(Normally with vendor-shipped image you'll figure out how
> by print thirdp_init. Starting kernel without that may result in
> some instability too.

Thanks.  Again I was assuming all the HW was correctly configured with
u-boot.  I'll dig into this as well.  Soon as I find anything for sure
I'll post a follow up.

Bruce

This e-mail may contain SEL confidential information.  The opinions
expressed are not necessarily those of SEL.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
distribution or other use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender, permanently delete it, and destroy any
printout.

Thank you.