MPC8360E USB Host Controller Driver

Dan Gora dan.gora at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 11:09:12 EST 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:27:59 +0800
> From: "Li Yang-r58472" <LeoLi at freescale.com>
> Subject: RE: MPC8360E USB Host Controller Driver
> To: "Laurent Pinchart" <laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz>,
>        <linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org>
> Cc: n.balaji at gdatech.co.in
>
> > Could you give a direct link ? I've been browsing around the
> > Freescale website for an hour, downloaded hundreds of
> > megabytes of archives but haven't been able to find the
> > MPC8360E USB Linux driver.
> >
> > Laurent Pinchart

Hi Laurent,

I believe that I recall seeing the USB drivers in the "MPC8360E Device
Drivers - Release 1.1 GPL ", accessible from the main 8360 page.

http://www.freescale.com/files/netcomm/software/device_drivers/MPC8360EGPLDRV.zip

One little gotcha... When you unzip this archive, it's a windows
executable, but it doesn't have the '.exe' extension on the file, so
you'll need to add it by hand.  I had to "contact my local FAE" just
to figure out that one when the darn thing wouldn't run.  Too many
years of using Unix I guess.

> > PS: Am I the only one to get lost almost every time when I
> > look for information on www.freescale.com ?

No, rest assured, you're not.  Try finding any information about the
eval board for the 8360 on freescale.com.

-dan