I2C on MPC8272...

Kuffner Cory CKuffner at LIO.AACISD.com
Sat Sep 9 03:00:58 EST 2006

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to use the I2C module for the MPC8272??  We are attempting to enable it by following code written for a bareboard system and converting it into a kernel module (2.6.11 Kernel), but nothing happens on our SDA and SCL data lines.  The parameter ram is kind of tricky to set up, but I beleive we have everything pointing where it should.  To write to the IMM we are using the ioremap function with ioread and iowrite, we can write to the ports so I don't think there is an issue writing to memory, but I'm new to embedded linux.  Has anyone ever used the I2C controller in one of freescale's chips or just a good understanding of I2C modules in embedded linux??  I think all the chips have the same I2C interface....so it should be the same set up for MPC8250, 8255, 8260, etc.

Thanks,

Cory Kuffner