System ACE driver - for 2.6 kernel - need help to understand xsa_thread

agnel juni junijoseph at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 26 10:31:15 EST 2006

Hello all

 I am trying to understand the parameters that are sent through "cur_req" function used in funtion xsa_thread in System ACE driver.

 In xsa_thread function in the System ACE driver ,

 In 2.4 kernel:
 --------------------
 while ((stat = cur_req(&SysAce, sector,
                                        CURRENT->current_nr_sectors,
                                        CURRENT->buffer)) == XST_DEVICE_BUSY)
                         xsa_short_delay();

 Where as in 2.6 kernel this is changed to

  for(i = xsa_cur_req->current_nr_sectors; i > 0; i-=2){
                         xsa_device.req_done = 1;
                         while ((stat = cur_req(&SysAce, sector,
                                         2,
                                         buffer)) == XST_DEVICE_BUSY)
                                 xsa_short_delay();
 #endif

 Ameet , could you help me understand the impact of the parameters, especailly the 3rd paramter which is hardcoded in 2.6 kernel.It would be great if you could clarify this in regard to 'mount' command.

 Thanks in advance
 Junita