which driver for uartlite with 2.6.17?

Robert Corley rcorley at aegis-inc.net
Sat Oct 14 01:59:08 EST 2006

All,

Based on what was posted recently, it appears that there is more than one uartlite driver
floating about.

Can someone please inform me of which driver works for which kernel?

Here is what I see

D. Lynch    2.6.15    polled, (Pico E12 board specific?)
P. Korsgaard    2.6.18    interrupt driven, official lanana.org nodes
D. Bolcsfoldi    2.6.18    interrupt driven

patch locations:
D. Lynch    http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-January/021592.html
P. Korsgaard    http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/9/13/71
D. Bolcsfoldi    http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-October/024697.html

Comments?

And, lastly, I need a driver for 2.6.17.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
I have tried Peter's driver but it fails to compile, showing this:

CC      drivers/serial/serial_core.o
CC      drivers/serial/uartlite.o
drivers/serial/uartlite.c: In function `ulite_startup':
drivers/serial/uartlite.c:199: error: `IRQF_DISABLED' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/serial/uartlite.c:199: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/serial/uartlite.c:199: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/serial/uartlite.c:199: error: `IRQF_SAMPLE_RANDOM' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[2]: *** [drivers/serial/uartlite.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/serial] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2