PPChameleonEVB Newbie question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 12 09:00:08 EST 2006

Dear Adrian,

in message <010001c6ed49$aa8ab390$3a0da8c0 at adrianlaptop> you wrote:

> I have a PPChameleonEVB board running a 405EP processor.

DAVE has a lot of pretty detailed application  notes.  Make  sure  to
read their docs.

> I have tried many things, and can now boot Linux 2.6.15 on the board using
> an NFS share as both root fs and swap.

Swap over NFS? Grrghh...

> When I try to compile & install the kernel modules on the board, i get an
> message about perl and then it errors.

Why don't you just use the cross tools?

> 1) Kernel version/Linux distroof the i386 PC used for the cross-compiling.

Should not matter much.

> 2) ELDK version and if there are any patches needed.

For a 2.6 kernel tree you need ELDK 4.0.

> 2) Perl version (or how to stop the Kernel build using perl)

Use the cross tools. It's much faster anyway.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He had quite a powerful intellect, but it  was  as  powerful  like  a
locomotive,  and  ran on rails and was therefore almost impossible to
steer.                          - Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_