Compiler Question

Becky Bruce Becky.Bruce at freescale.com
Fri Oct 6 00:28:47 EST 2006

These requirements are part of the Application Binary Interface, or
ABI for short.  Since you're posting to the Linux embedded list, I
assume you want the general powerpc 32-bit ABI.  This can be found at

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/elf/elfspec_ppc.pdf

and other places on the web.

There's also a 32-bit powerpc Embedded ABI (not used by Linux).  Some
tool and OS vendors use this ABI instead of the one above.  A quick
googling of this shows a copy can be found at http://
www.cloudcaptech.com/MPC555%20Resources/Programming%20Environment/
ppceabi.pdf#search=%22powerpc%20eabi%22

Cheers,