RFC: embedded ppc rootfs?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Nov 15 04:55:39 EST 2006

I was wondering what people are using for their projects as
"distro's" for their root file systems.  I spent this weekend trying
to get several of the alternatives I could find working on a ppc64
host system with out much success.

I'm interested in two aspects of this question.  One, are their
projects that I missed that people are using on ppc (eldk, buildroot,
lfs, ltib).  Two, is there an need for a better open source embedded
distro for ppc?  And if so, do people have the ability to pitch in
some effort towards producing a better distro?

- kumar