question about linux with Xilinx ML-403

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 19:41:52 EST 2006

Hi Rick,
> Yes, we have a driver for the PLB TEMAC (different than the GSRD LL
> TEMAC) for Linux 2.4 (MontaVista Linux 2.4.20) that's shipped in EDK
> 8.1.1, and MontaVista is on the verge of publishing a driver for PLB
> TEMAC for Linux 2.6. (I believe it came across this mailing list a few
> weeks ago)

I have generated the BSP by EDK 8.1.1 for my project in ML403(hardcore
Temac and PLB Temac included). I noticed that there is a directory called
Xilinx_gige in the directory of /drivers/net. Is this the driver for
MontaVista Linux2.4.20? I copied the BSP and overwrote the original one in
the linux kernel directory (in the kernel directory, there is only a
directory called Xilinx_enet, no Xilinx_gige. So I just copied
Xilinx_gige.). However, my problem is in the menuconfig item of Network
Device Support->1000Mbit ethernet, there is not any option to choose and
enable the Xilinx on-chip ethernet. Is this a problem of MontaVista Linux
3.1 Preview Kit, or my problem?  And What shall I do to enable the tri-mode
Temac in my platform? Thanks for your answer.

BR
Ming