Gigabit ethernet support question about linux 2.6 on ML403 board

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 01:09:28 EST 2006

Hello Andrei,
I noticed that you are the owner of the Xilinx Virtex Development tree. Now
I am trying to integrate a linux-xilinx-26 kernel in my ML403 Virtex 4
platform, with tri-mode (or gigabit) ethernet supported. In the menuconfig,
I haven't found an option in Ethernet (1000 Mbit) to enable the gigabit
ethernet (I have chosen the processor as ppc 40x and the platform as
ML403.). Also, in the Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit), there is no option for
Xilinx on-chip ethernet. Could you please tell me how can I include a
tri-mode ethernet MAC supported by my platform in linux-xilinx-26? Thanks a
lot for your precious reply.

Best Regards
Ming