Linux doesn't boot if USB is enabled

Igor Luri iluri at fagorautomation.es
Fri May 12 23:30:13 EST 2006

Dear Wolfgang,

I have updated linux kernel an u-boot from the CVS repository, so I have
de latest u-boot and linux version. I grabed the new u-boot an kernel
and now hungs later while probing PCI. If I configure linux kernel
without PCI support, it boots OK.

I use lite5200b_defconfig configuration. I am missing something in the
configuration relationated with PCI?

U-Boot 1.1.4 (May 12 2006 -
14:45:32)

CPU:   MPC5200 v2.2, Core v1.4 at 462
MHz
       Bus 132 MHz, IPB 132 MHz, PCI 33
MHz
Board: Freescale
Lite5200B

I2C:   85 kHz,
ready

DRAM:  256
MB

FLASH: 32
MB

*** Warning - bad CRC, using default
environment

PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class
Int

        00  1a  1057  5809  0680
00

In:
serial

Out:
serial

Err:
serial

Net:   FEC
ETHERNET

IDE:   Bus 0:
OK

  Device 0: Model: SanDisk SDCFB-32 Firm: HDX 2.15 Ser#:
103407C2604A5824
            Type: Hard
Disk

            Capacity: 30.6 MB = 0.0 GB (62720 x
512)
  Device 1: not
available

Type "run flash_nfs" to mount root filesystem over NFS

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=>  bootp 500000 vmlinux.UBoot
BOOTP broadcast 1
Using FEC ETHERNET device
TFTP from server 10.0.7.228; our IP address is 10.0.17.102
Filename 'vmlinux.UBoot'.
Load address: 0x500000

 done

Bytes transferred = 959935 (ea5bf
hex)

=> usb
reset

(Re)start
USB...

USB:   scanning bus for devices... 1 USB Device(s)
found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s)
found
=> bootm
500000

## Booting image at 00500000

   Image Name:
Linux-2.4.25

   Created:      2006-05-12  12:31:19
UTC
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip
compressed)
   Data Size:    959871 Bytes = 937.4
kB
   Load Address:
00000000

   Entry Point:
00000000

   Verifying Checksum ...
OK

   Uncompressing Kernel Image ...
OK

Memory BAT mapping: BAT2=256Mb, BAT3=0Mb, residual:
0Mb
Linux version 2.4.25 (igor at ILURI_LINUX) (gcc version 3.3.6) #1 vie may
12 14:27:36 CEST 2006
On node 0 totalpages:
65536

zone(0): 65536
pages.

zone(1): 0
pages.

zone(2): 0
pages.

Kernel command
line:

Calibrating delay loop... 307.20
BogoMIPS

Memory: 256340k available (1636k kernel code, 496k data, 76k init, 0k
highmem)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 6, 262144
bytes)
Inode cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 5, 131072
bytes)
Mount cache hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096
bytes)
Buffer cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536
bytes)
Page-cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144
bytes)
POSIX conformance testing by
UNIFIX

PCI: Probing PCI hardware