Linux doesn't boot if USB is enabled

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 12 19:53:39 EST 2006

In message <918EB199DDDFFA42BEA2EB3A1C6021F3CE19E2 at correo.fagorautomation.net> you wrote:

> We also have a mpc5200liteB evaluation board with u-boot 1.1.4 and linux
> 2.4.25 from Denx. We have realized that when USB is enabled linux
> doen´t boot, it hungs after u-boot uncompresses linux image.

You need the latest versions of both U-boot and Linux.

For U-Boot, you need a version after April 18 (see especially  commit
ID  8419c013048b1f15f3fa2fc7c0463d860a04ee3e).  For the Linux kernel,
you  need  a  version  after  April  21  (see  especially  commit  ID
1ac8b71bdbe6de928ba84c83831f6988a9b51165).

I recommend to grab the top-of-tree from both repositories.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Well, the way I see it, logic is only a way of being ignorant by num-
bers.                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_