MPC8641(D) software status

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 12 05:02:01 EST 2006

In message <44634541.3040109 at freescale.com> you wrote:
> We have patches for 8641D against 2.6.15/2.6.16 and it works well in lab
> in the last three months along with u-boot code. I think a patch against
> 2.6.17 or later will be released in the future. However if you need the
> 2.6.15/2.6.16 patch now, you can contact Freescale directly. In fact,
> for all 8641D boards we will ship, we will include the kernel/u-boot
> source code on the SATA hard drive directly as well, or you can also
> download them from freescale's website.

And when will you start working with the commmunity, and submit  your
patches  to the public source tree? Will Freescale wait (again) until
they are against such an old version that it's a PITA to merge them?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Drun'? 'm not drun'! You woudn' dare call m' drun' if I was sober!
                                     - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_