When is it safe to start using ioremap?

Chris Dumoulin cdumoulin at ics-ltd.com
Wed May 10 07:13:20 EST 2006

At what point in the linux boot sequence can/should you start using
ioremap to get a virtual address to hardware? Early on (in head_4xx.S),
I'm setting up a TLB entry to access my hardware, but eventually my TLB
entry will be overwritten, and at this point I would like to call
ioremap to get an address for accessing my hardware. I'm having trouble
figuring out when the original TLB entry will be overwritten (can that
even be determined?), and at what point I can start calling ioremap.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris Dumoulin
--
*--Christopher Dumoulin--*
Software Team Leader

<http://ics-ltd.com/>
<http://ics-ltd.com/>

Interactive Circuits and Systems Ltd.
5430 Canotek Road
Ottawa, ON
K1J 9G2
(613)749-9241
1-800-267-9794 (USA only)

This e-mail is private and confidential and is for the addressee only.
If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that it has
been deleted from your system and any hard copies destroyed. You are
strictly prohibited from using, printing, distributing or disseminating
it or any information contained in it save to the intended recipient.