Moving from 2.4 to 2.6 kernel

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat May 6 01:31:56 EST 2006

On 5/5/06, Chris Dumoulin <cdumoulin at ics-ltd.com> wrote:
> I generated the xparameters_ml300.h file and built my kernel configured
> for the ML300 board, but I still had the same problem. I'm wondering if
> there's something in the hardware that's not being setup by u-boot as
> the linux kernel expects it. I'm looking through the ML300 code in
> u-boot 1.1.4 to see if can spot anything that's being done in there
> that's not being done in my u-boot code. Do you have any ideas about
> some hardware (or other)  initialization that I could be neglecting to
> do in u-boot that might cause things to hang?

Probably not;  The nice thing about the V2Pro is that there is pretty
much no setup that needs to be done.  The bitstream takes care of
configuring SDRAM.  :).  For my daily work; I don't even use u-boot.
I'm downloading a zImage directly through my BDI 2000.  (But u-boot
does work for me too)

Can you post your xparameters file?  (Or email it to me directly)

Are you using a full UART or UART lite?

> On a similar note, is there any guide to porting u-boot that I could
> read that would enumerate all the steps I should be taking in u-boot? I
> know the README in the u-boot source basically says to browse the
> mailing list (which I'm doing), read the DULG (which I've done), and
> read the source (which I'm also doing), but some kind of succinct guide
> would be nice, if it exists.

Not that I know of; I had to pile throught the same stuff to learn it.

> Interactive Circuits and Systems Ltd.
> 5430 Canotek Road
> Ottawa, ON

Hey; you going to OLS this year?