Stable Linux kernel 2.6 for MPC8XX

Dan Malek dan at embeddedalley.com
Sat Mar 11 00:16:10 EST 2006

On Mar 10, 2006, at 2:22 AM, David Jander wrote:

> I believe most of those observations and measurements are not valid
> anymore.
> Kernel 2.6 for 8xx has come a long way since this article was written.

They are still valid, we just have more knowledge about how to
configure the kernels and have added some features you can
use to mitigate the performance issues.  The Linux 2.6 kernel
is simply bigger than 2.4, and on these small, resource challenged
processors, you need to very carefully configure the kernels to
your requirements.

Thanks.

	-- Dan