no login prompt with ml403 + uartlite-->major numbers?

T Ziomek ctz001 at email.mot.com
Thu Jun 29 06:14:19 EST 2006

> On 6/28/06, Robert Zach <rza1 at so-logic.co.at> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I use the "Standart" ml403 Design with the uartlite instead of the
>> uart16550...
>>
>> my kernel parameters are:
>> "console=ttl0 ip=off root=/dev/xsysace/disc0/part3 rw"
>>
>> It boots correctly, but i got no login prompt!!
>> getty is started with init.
>> my inittab looks like:
>> ::respawn:/sbin/getty 9600 ttl0

At a lower level...are you keeping in mind that the UART-Lite baud rate (and
probably parity, stop bits, # of data bits) is set in hardware?  So any at-
tempt to specify settings in software (e.g. your 'getty' line above, or on
the kernel cmd line) have no effect.  If your console isn't set to match the
UART-Lite's hardware settings you're going to see gibberish, or nothing.

Tom
--
   /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign   |
   \ /                          |   Email to user 'CTZ001'