Lite5200 NFS mount issue

Kimmo Surakka kimmo.surakka at oxinst.fi
Wed Jun 21 22:15:23 EST 2006

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 22:30, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200606201503.27928.kimmo.surakka at oxinst.fi> you wrote:
> > Try adding the ",tcp" to the kernel's "nfsroot=..." parameter, i.e. use
> > commandline "root=/dev/nfs rw
> > nfsroot=10.3.67.98:/opt/eldk_4_0/ppc_6xx,tcp
> > ip=10.3.67.99:10.3.67.98:10.3.67.1:::eth0:off panic=1".
>
> This should not be necessary. If it does help,  this  means  you  are
> just covering a bug.

Yes, it may be just covering a bug. Still, it made the connection work, and
that was enough for me. Also, the linux NFS faq at nfs.sourceforge.net
suggests using TCP in some situations (namely when the network has a large
number of IP fragmentation). So, be it a mere work-around or not, it still
helped me. If there's a better and purer solution, I'm more than happy to use
it. Meanwhile, I use what works.

Cheers,

Kimmo Surakka

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus

###  OXFORD INSTRUMENTS   http://www.oxford-instruments.com/  ###

Unless stated above to be non-confidential, this E-mail and any
attachments are private and confidential and are for the addressee
only and may not be used, copied or disclosed save to the addressee.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us upon receipt
and delete it from your records. Internet communications are not secure
and Oxford Instruments is not responsible for their abuse by third
parties nor for any alteration or corruption in transmission.